Good afternoon! We hope you are having a wonderful October break and are looking forward to hearing all of your stories when we return to school for the start of term 2. Please remember Monday is an in-service day and school is closed. We return on Tuesday 20th.
Homework for the coming week will be set as assignments on Teams and will go live on Tuesday morning. Reminders can be found below.
Sounds: In class we have learned another 3 sounds: g, o and u. These will be added to our Jolly Phonics PowerPoint on Teams for you to practice at home. We ask that you continue to practice all of the sounds as much as possible.
SIGHT WORDS: We have learned another 2 sight words (for and on) and these have been added to our flashcards folder on Teams.
READING: Wordless reading books will be issued on Tuesday. The children should look at the pictures carefully and retell the story through what they see. Being able to use picture cues in this way is a very good reading skill for them to learn. This will also allow them to build on their comprehension skills. Please return the books to school on Friday as this will allow us to quarantine them ready for the following week.
A wee reminder that, if you haven’t already done so, please return any overdue Reading for Enjoyment books to school.
MATHS: Our task for this week will be set as an assignment on Teams.
- Details of our lunch menu can be found here. If you are having a having a school lunch, please remember to discuss the options with someone at home so you are aware of what you are having before coming to school.
- Our outdoor sessions will be on Tuesday-Friday (inclusive).
- A wee reminder that Mrs Kane and Mrs Hughes will be in class on Wednesday as both Mrs McAvoy and I will be out of school for our NCCT day.
- Read & Munch will be on Friday. You may bring in a book from home to read in class. Please remember any snack you bring for our Read & Munch session should be a healthy one: fruit or vegetables.
- If you have yet to do so, please return the data forms to school as soon as possible. This will allow the office staff to ensure we have the most up-to-date information on file.
As always, any questions, just ask. Enjoy the remainder of our October break.
Mrs O’Neill and Mrs McAvoy