We hope you are all having a relaxing break.
Reminders & Homework:
We learned new sounds – ‘g’, ‘o’ and ‘u’. The links for the Jolly Phonics songs and actions relating to all the sounds can be found in the PowerPoint in Teams, under files. Please continue to practice all sounds at home as much as possible. We have also added flash cards for the new sounds to files, for those who wish to print these out.
We learned two new sight words – ‘for’ and ‘on’. These have been added to our flashcards folder on Teams. We have added a sight word activity grid if you would like some extra practice ideas.
A new wordless book will be issued on Wednesday. One of the first reading strategies that we teach children is using picture clues to tell the story. It is important that children can explain and describe what is happening in pictures to help them develop their reading comprehension skills. Due to the requirement for quarantining books after each use, there is a tight turnaround time on this first book – please return wordless books to school this Friday.
Reading for enjoyment picture books will be chosen by your child and issued on Wednesday. From now on, these will only be issued every 2 weeks, therefore please return this book to school on Friday 30th October. Don’t forget to use the 3 sharings when discussing the story at home:
NUMERACY & MATHS
We are focusing on learning the days of the week in class this week. Here is a song which you may like to listen to at home to help with this – click here.
Please choose one new task from the SEAL learning wall to complete. A copy of this can be found in the SEAL folder on Teams.
- Please remember that Monday is an in-service day and school is closed.
- On Tuesday of this week, Miss Murray and Miss Wilson will both be out of class for our non-class contact time. Mrs Hughes and Mrs Kane will be covering as normal on these days.
- Details of our lunch menu can be found here.
- Our outdoor sessions will be on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – please ensure your child has warm and waterproof clothing on these days.
- Read & Munch will be on Thursday. Your child may bring in a favourite book from home to read in class and a healthy snack.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
Miss Murray & Miss Wilson