Good afternoon! I hope you are all having a lovely weekend despite the rubbish weather. Can you believe we have reached the last week of term 1 already? It has gone by rather quickly.
Homework for this week has been set as assignments on Teams and will, as usual, go live tomorrow morning. Reminders can be found below.
Sounds: In class we have learned a new sound: d. This will be added to our Jolly Phonics PowerPoint on Teams for you to practice at home. We ask that you continue to practice all of the sounds as much as possible. Please access the homework assignment on Teams.
SIGHT WORDS: We have learned another 2 sight words (he and was) and these have been added to our flashcards folder on Teams. Details of your homework assignment can be found on Teams.
READING: A Reading for Enjoyment book will be issued on Tuesday. We ask that this is returned to school on Friday. Bookbags may be sent in on these days. When reading the story at home, please use the 3 sharings method to discuss what has happened.
MATHS: Our task for this week has been set as an assignment on Teams.
H&WB: Please continue practicing our targets. You should choose 1 or 2 per week and focus on those before moving on to another one. Our Target Wheel can be found in the H&WB folder in the Files section on Teams.
- Details of our lunch menu can be found here. If you are having a having a school lunch, please remember to discuss the options with someone at home so you are aware of what you are having before coming to school.
- Our outdoor sessions will be on Tuesday-Friday (inclusive). The weather isn’t looking great for this coming week (so far) so please ensure you come to school each day with suitable outdoor clothing.
- Read & Munch will be on Friday. You may bring in a favourite book from home to read in class. You may also bring a small fruit/vegetable snack to eat whilst reading.
- If you have yet to do so, please return the data forms to school as soon as possible. This will allow the office staff to ensure we have the most up-to-date information on file. It will also give us confirmation of who has permission to be photographed for our class blog. Once we have this, we can show off your fabulous work and your lovely faces.
- Parents’ Evening appointments are on Tuesday and Wednesday. Appointment times have been issued.
As always, any questions, just ask. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend.
Mrs O’Neill and Mrs McAvoy