Good afternoon! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend. The weather has been pretty good up until now so I hope you were able to spend some time outside. This week is Maths Week Scotland so we will be celebrating all things maths in school. Further information can be found here.
Homework for the coming week will be set as assignments on Teams and will go live tomorrow morning. Reminders can be found below.
Sounds: In class we have learned another 3 sounds: h, r and m. These will be added to our Jolly Phonics PowerPoint on Teams for you to practice at home. We ask that you continue to practice all of the sounds as much as possible. Please access the homework assignment on Teams.
SIGHT WORDS: We have learned another 2 sight words (that and it) and these have been added to our flashcards folder on Teams. Details of your homework assignment can be found on Teams.
READING: There will be no Reading for Enjoyment book this week .
A wee reminder that, if you haven’t already done so, please bring your book from last week back tomorrow as we will need to quarantine it before we can use it again.
MATHS: Our tasks for this week have been set as an assignment on Teams.
H&WB: Please continue practicing our targets. You should choose 1 or 2 per week and focus on those before moving on to another one. Our Target Wheel can be found in the H&WB folder in the Files section on Teams.
- Details of our lunch menu can be found here. If you are having a having a school lunch, please remember to discuss the options with someone at home so you are aware of what you are having before coming to school.
- Our outdoor sessions will be on Tuesday-Friday (inclusive).
- As this is Maths Week Scotland, there will be no Read & Munch this week.
- If you have yet to do so, please return the data forms to school as soon as possible. This will allow the office staff to ensure we have the most up-to-date information on file.
- Parents’ Evening appointment slips should be returned by Tuesday (tomorrow). This will allow us to arrange and return appointment times as quickly as possible.
As always, any questions, just ask. Enjoy the remainder of the holiday weekend.
Mrs O’Neill and Mrs McAvoy