We hope you had a lovely long weekend and a restful break.
Reminders & Homework
Last week, we learned the sounds ‘h’, ‘r’ and ‘m’. The links for the Jolly Phonics songs and actions relating to these sounds can be found on Teams. Please continue to practice all of the sounds at home as much as possible, as this will be highly beneficial to your child. We have added a template of sound cards to Teams – you may wish to print these out to use at home or alternatively make your own sound cards.
We have learned the sight words ‘the’, ‘and’, ‘of’, ‘a’, ‘to’, ‘in’, ‘is’, ‘you’, ‘that’ and ‘it’ to date. The aim is for your child to be able to learn these words by sight, so that they are instantly recognisable, and to be able use them appropriately in an oral sentence. For homework, we would like you to practice these words with your child. This can be done by making individual flashcards for each of the words or trying to recognise them in books. We have provided a little more information on learning sight words on teams. Practicing little and often is the best method for helping your child to learn and retain their sight words.
Health and Wellbeing Target Wheel
Please continue to practice targets at home. Thank you for your help with these – we are seeing great progress with the childrens independence in class.
No picture books this week as it is a short week.
We have attached a SEAL homework learning wall to files on teams. Please choose one activity to complete with your child.
- Our outdoor learning sessions will be on Wed, Thu and Fri of this week. Please ensure your child has suitable warm and waterproof clothing and footwear for these days.
- Pupil of the Day compliments will be posted daily on Teams. You may wish to read through these with your child.
- Read & Munch is on Thursday. Your child can bring in a favourite book from home and a healthy snack to enjoy at this time.
- School will be closed this Monday 28th September.
- Here is the link to our school lunch options. If your child is having a school lunch, we ask that you discuss the options with them each day, so they are aware of what they are having before coming to school. We will then order their choice for them.
- If you have yet to do so, please return your parents night appointment slip.
- We would ask that all pupils have a change of clothing in their bag for any accidents. We only have a small supply of clothing and this is running low.
As always, if you have any questions please send us an email or catch us at the door in the morning.
Miss Murray & Miss Wilson