Primary 1C – Homework and Reminders W/B 21.9.20

Good morning P1C,

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Homework & Reminders

Sounds: I have updated the Jolly Phonics PowerPoint  on Teams with all of the sounds we have learned so far with a copy of the actions and links to the songs. Please continue to practise all of our sounds at home as much as possible. I will be adding different resources/ideas for you to use, if you wish, to help reinforce these sounds at home.

Sight Words: Please continue to practise our sight words at home. We have currently learned the sight words the, of, and, a, to, in, is and you. You should be able to recognise these words on sight and use them in a sentence. Ideas on how to practise these words at home can be found in the “Sight Word” folder on Teams.

Reading: I will be sending our Reading for Enjoyment books home on Tuesday. If you have a book bag, you may bring it in on this day. The book should then be returned to school on Thursday this week as the school is closed on Friday for the holiday weekend. Please enjoy reading this with someone at home and discuss the story using our Three Sharings method, which we have been using in class:

• What did you like about the story? Did you dislike anything about the story?
  • Do you have any connections with anything that happened in the story?
  • Are you puzzled/confused by anything that happened in the story?

SEAL: You should choose one activity to complete this week from the Home Learning Wall A grid. This can be found in the SEAL folder on Teams. I have also added some useful links we have been using in class.

H&WB:  Please continue practising and working on our targets. A copy of our Target Wheel can be found below and on Teams.

Term 1 Target Wheel

Reminders

1.  Details of our lunch menu can be found here. If you are having a having a school lunch, please remember to discuss the options with someone at home so you are aware of what you are having before coming to school.
  2. Boys and girls, please remember, if you haven’t already done so, to log into your Glow account and say hi on our Teams page. This will let me know that you have managed to get on OK.
  3. Our outdoor sessions will be on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (inclusive).
  4. Read & Munch will be on Wednesday. Please bring in a favourite book and a healthy snack to enjoy.
  5. School will be closed Friday 25th September and Monday 28th September for the holiday weekend.

See you all tomorrow.

Miss Cuthill