Good afternoon! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Please keep reading for a note of our homework and reminders for the coming week. Please note that our homework this week will be set as assignments on Teams. The assignments will go live on Monday morning. If you are having any issues accessing Teams, please let us know as soon as possible. A link to videos explaining how to use Teams and access the assignments can be found here
Sounds: In class we have learned another 3 sounds: c, k and e. These have been added to our Jolly Phonics PowerPoint on Teams for you to practice at home. We ask that you continue to practice all of the sounds as much as possible. Please access the homework assignment on Teams.
SIGHT WORDS: We have learned another 2 sight words (is and you) and these have been added to our flashcards folder on Teams. Details of your homework assignment can be found on Teams.
READING: A new Reading for Enjoyment book will be issued on Tuesday. The book should then be returned to school on Thursday (this week only due to our holiday weekend). We hope you are enjoying reading the story with someone at home. Please use our 3 sharings method to discuss the story and share your thoughts.
- What did you like about the story? Did you dislike anything about the story?
- Do you have any connections with anything that happened in the story? For example, if the character in your story has a favourite toy, you may have the same favourite toy. Or if the story is set in a specific place, you may have visited somewhere similar.
- Are you puzzled/confused by anything that happened in the story? For example, were you unsure why something happened in the story?
A wee reminder that if you haven’t already done so, please bring your book from last week back tomorrow (Monday) as we will need to quarantine it before we can use it again.
SEAL: Please find the homework assignment for this task on Teams.
H&WB: Please continue practicing our targets. You should choose 1 or 2 per week and focus on those before moving on to another one.
A copy of our Target Wheel can be found below.
- Details of our lunch menu can be found here. If you are having a having a school lunch, please remember to discuss the options with someone at home so you are aware of what you are having before coming to school.
- Boys and girls, please remember, if you haven’t already done so, to log into your Glow account and say hi on our Teams page. This will let Mrs McAvoy and I know that you have managed to get on ok.
- Our outdoor sessions will be on Tuesday-Thursday (inclusive).
- There will be no Read & Munch this week as we are on holiday on Friday.
- School will be closed on Friday 25th and Monday 28th for our annual September weekend holiday.
- If you have yet to do so, please return the data forms to school as soon as possible. This will allow the office staff to ensure we have the most up-to-date information on file.
Enjoy the remainder of the weekend.
Mrs O’Neill and Mrs McAvoy