We hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Homework for this week:
Reading – your child has been issued with a new reading book. Please practice this with your child and encourage them to sound out words (if applicable) and use the picture clues to help explain what is happening in the story.
Library Books – Please continue to enjoy the book with your child and use the ‘three sharings’ to discuss the book. All library books should be returned to school by next Wednesday 18th to allow us to return them.
Sounds – no new sound cards have been added since this week was a revision week. Please continue to practice previously issued sounds.
Word walls – word walls have been checked and put back into book bags. Please focus on trying to read the highlighted words in pink only. Children need to learn to read these words by sight (rather than sounding out) and understand the meaning by putting into an appropriate context in an oral sentence. We will tick the word when your child can read the word immediately and highlight these words in green when your child shows confidence in using the words correctly in an oral sentence to show meaning.
Maths – Please choose one activity to do with your child and date beside this when complete.
Health & Wellbeing – please practice the home target set for March. More information on this task can be found here.
Reading Passports – we are enjoying reading all the entries to your reading passports. Please continue to complete for any books read at home.
- P.E. will be on Monday & Tuesday of this week. Earrings must be taped and long hair tied back.
- Please ensure children bring a water bottle to school every day – we do not keep spare cups in class.
- Please check that your child can log in to their Glow account. from home – more details here.
- We are once again looking for spare loose parts to help with our learning – some ideas are in the following link – loose parts. As previously mentioned loose parts containing pulses, egg cartons and milk crates should not be sent in due to allergies within primary one. Please do not buy any of these items, it is purely if you have them going spare or are able to collect them from friends or family.
- We also welcome junk for our creative area – small boxes, tubs, lids, plastic containers, old wallpaper/ material off-cuts, and anything else you think we could use to make things.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
Miss Murray & Miss Wilson