Primary 1C – W/B 9.3.20

Good afternoon, I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Homework

Sounds: Sound cards for “er” and “ar” have been added to the book bags. Please continue to practise all of the sounds and actions. These should be looked over as often as possible at home. To challenge your child, please ask them to think of/find something that begins with or contains that specific sound.

Word Walls: Word walls will be handed out tomorrow. Please practise the words highlighted in pink.

Reading: New reading books have been issued. Please read them with your child, discussing the story/words. The children should sound out the words and, where necessary, use the picture clues to help them “read” the words.

Please continue to read the book your child chose for enjoyment.

These books can be added to your child’s reading passport.

Maths: Please choose one of the dotted activities on the maths sheet. Once completed, please sign and date the sheet beside the chosen task.

H&WB: March school targets are being set with the children. I have taken the target sheets out of book bags to do this. If your child’s target sheet is at home please send this in so I can set a target for them.

Reminders

1. P.E. will be on Monday and Wednesday. Please remember long hair should be tied back and earrings removed or covered.
  2. Please remember to add any books your child has read to their Reading Challenge Passport.
  3. Book bags should be checked each evening for homework and any letters which may have been issued. These letters should be removed from the book bag.
  4. Read & Munch will be on Friday.

As always, if you have any questions regarding homework, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,

Miss Cuthill