We hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Homework for this week:
Reading – your child has been issued with a new reading book. Please practice this with your child and encourage them to sound out words (if applicable) and use the picture clues to help explain what is happening in the story.
Library Books – we are having our last library visit on Thursday 5th March, which is World Book Day. Please ensure library books are returned in book bags for the children to swap for another book.
Sounds – new sound cards have been added for ‘oi’ and ‘ue’. Please continue to practice previously issued sounds.
Word walls – word walls have been checked and put back into book bags. Please focus on trying to read the highlighted words in pink only. Children need to learn to read these words by sight (rather than sounding out) and understand the meaning by putting into an appropriate context in an oral sentence. We will tick the word when your child can read the word immediately and highlight these words in green when your child shows confidence in using the words correctly in an oral sentence to show meaning.
Maths –a worksheet is enclosed to practice o’clock analogue time – please help your child to complete this.
Health & Wellbeing – we have set new targets with the children for this month. Please set a new home target for March with your child and evaluate February’s target in the comments section. More information on this task can be found here.
Reading Passports – please continue to complete for any books read at home.
- P.E. will be on Monday & Tuesday of this week. Earrings must be taped and long hair tied back.
- Please ensure children bring a water bottle to school every day.
- Read and munch will be on Friday of this week – children can bring in a book from home and a healthy snack if they wish.
- If children are going to Active Schools clubs straight after school, please bring P.E. kits back to school the next day.
- We are delighted to be supporting World Book Day on Thursday 5th March – please see more information on this here.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
Miss Murray & Miss Wilson