I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend.
Sounds: Sound cards for “th” have been added to the book bags. Please continue to practise all of the sounds.
Word Walls: Please continue to check over these with your child as often as possible as this will build their confidence in reading the words independently. Only the words highlighted in pink should be practised. Your child should also be able to use these words correctly in a sentence.
Reading: New reading books have been issued. Please read them with your child, discussing the story/words. The children should sound out the words and, where necessary, use the picture clues to help them “read” the words.
Your child has chosen a new picture book to read for enjoyment. Please enjoy reading this with them using the 3 sharings.
Maths: A new maths sheet has been added to the book bags. Please choose one of the dotted activities to complete this week. Once completed, please sign and date the sheet beside the chosen task.
H&WB: New targets for February will be added to your child’s target sheet this week. If you feel your child has achieved their January home target, please complete the relevant comment box. A new home target for February should also be set. Please click here for further details.
- P.E. will be on Monday and Wednesday. Please remember long hair should be tied back and earrings removed or covered.
- Book bags should be checked each evening for homework and any letters which may have been issued. These letters should be removed from the book bag.
- As a school, we are aiming to increase our outdoor learning experiences for the children. Some of the children already have wellies in class, however if your child does not and has wellies at home, could these be brought into class please.
- Read and Munch will be on Friday this week.
- Details of our Open Afternoon can be found here.
As always, if you have any questions regarding homework, please do not hesitate to contact me.