Good afternoon! I hope you are all having a lovely weekend despite the awful weather. Homework and reminders for the coming week can be found below.
Sounds: Sound cards for “th” have been added to the book bags. Please continue to practice all of the sounds learned to date. These should be looked over as often as possible at home. To challenge your child, please ask them to think of/find something that begins with or contains that specific sound.
Word Walls: Please continue to check over these with your child as often as possible as this will build their confidence in reading the words independently. Only the words highlighted in yellow should be practiced. Your child should also be able to use these words correctly in a sentence. Once we are seeing your child do so, with confidence, we will highlight the box green.
Reading: New reading books will be sent home by Tuesday. Please read them with your child, discussing the story/words. The children should sound out the words and, where necessary, use the picture cues to help them “read” the words.
Maths: A new maths sheet has been added to the book bags. Please choose one of the dotted activities to complete this week. Once completed, please sign and date the sheet beside the chosen task.
H&WB: New targets for February will be added to your child’s target sheet this week. If you feel your child has achieved their January home target, please complete the relevant comment box. A new home target for February should also be set. Please click here for further details.
- P.E. will be on Monday and Friday. Please remember long hair should be tied back and earrings removed or covered
- Book bags should be checked each evening for homework and any letters which may have been issued. These letters should be removed from the book bag.
- As a school we are aiming to increase our outdoor learning experiences for the children. With this in mind, we will be heading outside on Wednesday. Some of the children already have wellies in class, however if your child does not, please ensure they have a pair with them on this day. Also, a suitable waterproof jacket will probably be needed.
- Read and Munch will be on Friday this week.
- Details of our Open Afternoon can be found here.
As always, if you have any questions regarding homework, please do not hesitate to contact us. This can be done via the blog or your child’s book bag.
Mrs O’Neill and Mrs McAvoy