P1C – W/B 20.01.20

Good afternoon, I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Homework

Sounds: Please continue to practise all of the sounds in the book bags. These should be looked over as often as possible at home. To challenge your child, please ask them to think of/find something that begins with or contains that specific sound.

Word Walls: Please continue to check over these with your child as often as possible as this will build their confidence in reading the words independently. Only the words highlighted in pink should be practised. Your child should also be able to use these words correctly in a sentence.

Reading: New reading books will be sent home today. Please read over them with your child, discussing the story/words. The children should sound out the words and, where necessary, use the picture cues to help them.

Listening & Talking: The children will have hopefully now chosen a poem to learn as part of our “All About Scotland” topic. Please highlight the poem they have chosen on the sheet sent home last week so I am aware of which one they will be reciting.

Maths: Please complete 1 activity on the Bingo sheet. Once completed, please sign and date the sheet beside the chosen task. I have taken in the number formation booklets as the children will be completing these in class.

H&WB: I will be discussing individual school targets with the children this week. They will help  to choose the target they will be focusing on for the next couple of weeks. Target sheets will be sent home later on this week.

Reminders

* Read and Munch will be on Friday.
* Primary 1C and Primary 7C will be working together over the next few weeks on a STEM challenge designed by P7. If you have any junk materials (cardboard boxes, kitchen roll tubes, plastic bottles etc) Miss Cauley and I  would appreciate it if you could please send them in with your child this week to help support this.

As always, if you have any questions regarding homework, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Miss Cuthill