P1P/P1S – Homework w/b 06.01.2020

Image result for smiling face

Happy New Year! I cannot believe we are beginning term 3 already. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas break. I am sure we will have lots of stories being told tomorrow. Homework and reminders for the coming week can be found below.

Sounds: Please continue to practice the sounds in the book bags. These should be looked over as often as possible at home. To challenge your child, please ask them to think of/find something that begins with or contains that specific sound.

Reading: We will be completing running records on the children this week which will allow us to issue new reading books next week. For reading homework this week, please read, and discuss, the library book chosen by your child at the end of last term. Please remember to use the Three Sharings method when discussing the story.

H&WB: This term we will be setting new targets for the children to complete. Mrs McAvoy and I will be issuing individual school targets for the children. For personal/home targets, please be discussing with your child, an area which they will be able to focus on. More information on this will be issued later this week.

1. P.E. will be on Monday and Friday. P.E. kits were sent home at the end of last term for washing.  Please bring a fresh kit to school tomorrow (Monday) for our first session of the term.
  2. Book bags should be checked each evening for homework and any letters which may have been issued. These letters should be removed from the book bag.

As always, if you have any questions regarding homework, please do not hesitate to contact us. This can be done via the blog or your child’s book bag.

Mrs O’Neill and Mrs McAvoy