Good afternoon! It is December already! Term 2 will be over before we know it. Thank you to everyone who handed in items to be used during our House Art Day on Friday. The children had a great time creating our Festive Wonderland in the Open Area. It looks fabulous! Photos will follow soon.
Please keep reading for a note of our homework and reminders for the coming week.
Sounds: Our new sounds will be added to the book bags this week. Please continue to practice all of the sounds, and the actions, with your child. Please keep the cards in the book bags so they are returned to school each day.
Reading: The children will receive a new wordless book to read at home. Please use the pictures to discuss the story. Using picture cues is one of the first reading strategies that we teach children. It is very important that children can explain and describe what is happening in pictures to help them develop and boost their reading comprehension skills.
Please continue to discuss the picture book chosen by your child using the Three Sharings method. As always, we will be discussing their thoughts in class on Friday.
Word Walls: Please continue to practice only the words highlighted in yellow on your child’s individual word wall. The children should practice using these words in a sentence. Once they are confident in doing so, we will highlight them in green.
Please remember to return the word walls to school each day as this will allow us to work with your child on their individual words in class.
Maths: Please complete 2 tasks from our Christmas Countdown sheet which will be added to the book bags this week.
Nativity: If your child has a speaking part in our Nativity, please practice the words at home with them.
- Please note the school is closed on tomorrow (Monday) for St. Andrew’s Day.
- P.E. will be on Friday. Long hair should be tied back and earrings covered.
- Read and Munch is on Friday.
- Book bags should be checked each evening for homework and any letters which may have been issued. These letters should be removed from the book bag.
- All Hawks have a non-uniform day on Friday as a reward for gaining the most house points over the last 4 weeks. They may come to school in their own clothes.
- Our Christmas Fayre is on Saturday. Please come along and support both the school and the Parent Council who have arranged this event. Your child has made a craft which will be on sale at the fayre.
- We will be visiting Bishopton Library on Thursday 19th December. Two parent helpers are required for each class. If you are able to help, please let us know.
As always, if you have any questions regarding homework, please do not hesitate to contact us. This can be done via the blog or your child’s book bag.
Mrs O’Neill and Mrs McAvoy