IMPORTANT: P1P Team

Under Construction Sign Clip Art

There is a current issue with the P1P Team at the moment. IT are working really hard to get it sorted as soon as possible. Mrs McAvoy wanted me to let you know she was sorry she couldn’t wish you a lovely weekend on the team but I said I would pass it on to you here.

Have a good weekend and fingers crossed it is all fixed for next week!

Bishopton Pedal 2020

Today should have been the start of the Big Pedal walking/cycling/scooting national competition that we all enjoy so much each year.

This year we’re turning it into the Bishopton Pedal.

As part of your daily exercise, we would like you to try to cycle, scoot or walk every day for the next 2 weeks.  Please make sure that bikes and scooters are safe for you to use and that you wear helmets on your bike just as you would if you were at school. If you do not have access to a safe place to cycle, scoot or walk please just carry on with all the other daily fitness ideas provided by your teachers.

Remember all your family are welcome to join in too.

Be safe and have fun.

P1M & P1W – Digital Learning

Good evening,

We hope you are enjoying your weekend despite the craziness that is going on around us. Our time in the classroom may be over, for now, however that doesn’t mean our learning will stop. Tomorrow brings a new way of learning ….. learning at home! To help with this we will be posting a copy of our weekly timetable on our Class Team pages tomorrow. This way you will be able to see what is coming up over the course of the week.

Each morning Miss Wilson and I will set daily assignments for you to complete. It is entirely up to you when these are completed throughout the day and in what order. Some of the tasks will be active whereas others will be written. The completed written tasks can be returned to us by attaching them to the original assignment. Please click here for details on how to complete this. Also, if you were in school last week, a blue jotter was sent home. Tasks may also be completed in this and checked by an adult at home rather than being submitted.

Remember, we will be available to help, if needed, so please use the chat facility on our Team page. You may also email us if you would prefer. We will be online from 9.00am until 3:15pm.

Every day, we would like all of you to ‘check-in’ with us by posting a reply to the ‘register’ which will be posted on our Class Team page each morning. We will say ‘Good Morning P1M/W’ and you can let us know you have read it at some point throughout the day by replying with a ‘hi’ or hello’.

Please remember, there will be teething problems until we settle into this new way of learning. However, if we all work together, we are confident it will all fall into place very soon. We are hoping that someone at home can send us photos, or videos, of you and your work, so we can see what you are getting up to.

Above all, please don’t worry about this next step in your child’s learning. We are here to help in any way that we can.

Please continue to practice our sounds and the sight words on your child’s word wall – all word walls will be saved to the class materials folder in the files section of your child’s class team. Tasks will be set each week relating to our new sounds/words however practicing all sounds and words would also be beneficial.

Please get in touch if you have any questions.

Miss Murray & Miss Wilson

P1C – Digital Learning Week Beginning 23.03.20

Good afternoon!

Tomorrow we begin a new journey together… learning at home! To help with this I will be posting a copy of our weekly timetable on our Class Team page. This way you will be able to see what is coming up over the course of the week.

Each morning I will set daily assignments for you to complete. It is entirely up to you when these are completed throughout the day and in what order. Some of the tasks will be active whereas others will be written. The completed written tasks can be returned to us by attaching them to the original assignment. Please click here for details on how to complete this. Also, if you were in school last week, a blue jotter was sent home. Tasks may also be completed in this.  Remember, I will be available to help, if needed, so please use the chat facility on our Team page. You may also email me if you would prefer. I will be online from 9.00am.

Every day, I would like all of you to ‘check-in’ with me by posting a reply to the ‘register’ which will be posted on our Class Team page each morning. I will say ‘Good Morning P1C’ and you can let me know you have read it at some point throughout the day by replying with a ‘hi’ or hello’.

I am hoping that someone at home can send me photos, or videos, of you and your work, so I can see what you are getting up to.

Above all, please don’t worry about this next step in your child’s learning. I am here to help in any way that we can.

Please continue to revise our sounds and the sight words on your child’s word walls. On Friday, your child was given an extra word wall for when they have completed their current one. If your child was off I will email you a copy over the next few days. Tasks will be set each week relating to our new sounds/words however revision of all sounds and words would also be beneficial.

As always, any questions please ask.

Miss Cuthill

P1P/P1S – Digital Learning

Image result for smiling face

Good afternoon! We hope you are all having a lovely weekend despite the craziness that is going on around us. Our time in the classroom may be over, for now, however that doesn’t mean our learning will stop. Tomorrow brings a new way of learning ….. learning at home! To help with this we will be posting a copy of our weekly timetable on our Class Team pages. This way you will be able to see what is coming up over the course of the week.

Each morning Mrs McAvoy and I will set daily assignments for you to complete. It is entirely up to you when these are completed throughout the day and in what order. Some of the tasks will be active whereas others will be written. The completed written tasks can be returned to us by attaching them to the original assignment. Please click here for details on how to complete this. Also, if you were in school last week, a blue jotter was sent home. Tasks may also be completed in this.  Remember, we will be available to help, if needed, so please use the chat facility on our Team page. You may also email us if you would prefer. We will be online from 9.00am.

Every day, we would like all of you to ‘check-in’ with us by posting a reply to the ‘register’ which will be posted on our Class Team page each morning. We will say ‘Good Morning P1P/P1S’ and you can let us know you have read it at some point throughout the day by replying with a ‘hi’ or hello’.

Please continue to practice our sounds and the sight words on your child’s word walls. Tasks will be set each week relating to our new sounds/words however practice of all sounds and words would also be beneficial.

As always, any questions please ask.

Take care

Mrs O’Neill and Mrs McAvoy

Primary 1C

Good morning,

Primary 1C had a brilliant day yesterday. We had a movie morning with P1-P3, a special golden time, our P7 buddies then surprised us and we got to sign their shirts! We then finished with Read and Munch.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say I’ve had a great time teaching P1C! What an amazing first year in school they’ve had and they’ve been an absolute joy to teach. They all worked incredibly hard and I am so proud to have watched them grow in confidence. I have enjoyed getting to know them and thank them for their happy smiles and making me laugh everyday. 

I will be online from 9am every weekday posting tasks and activities for your child. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you all for your continued support and kind words yesterday. Stay safe and I hope to see you all soon.

Miss Cuthill

Class Assignments – Thursday

Image result for microsoft teams logo

Good morning,

Just to let you know that all of the assignments for today’s self-isolating children have been posted on the class teams. You should log onto Glow, use the Microsoft Teams tab and then your specific class tab. All assignments should then be available to you. If you are having issues accessing them, please let me know and I will try to help: gw08oneillsuzanne2@glow.sch.uk

Mrs O’Neill

P1P/P1S – Glow and Microsoft Teams

Good morning!

Just a wee reminder that all Glow emails have been issued. If you haven’t already done so, please help your child log on to their Glow account and leave a message on their class team.  If new log in details are required, please let us know and we will reissue them. Also, if you are having any issues, please let us know as soon as possible. You may leave a message on this blog post or send a note in via your child’s book bag.

Thanking you

Mrs O’Neill and Mrs McAvoy

Glow & Microsoft Teams

Good morning,

Can we ask, if you haven’t already done so, to help your child log on to their Glow account.  Log in details were issued to all children last week – please let us know if you need these to be reissued. Once you can access  Glow, please click on the Microsoft Teams app on the Bishopton apps list and post a brief message on your child’s class Team.  This will allow us to see who can get access.

If you have any problems with this, please speak to us as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Miss Murray & Miss Wilson