P1 – 01.06.20

Good morning P1 and welcome to June! I cannot believe how quickly the last few months have gone! This week I will be posting our new home project which is all about Knights and Castles which you can work through at your own pace. I have tried to include as much as I can and I will post facts and links over the next few weeks relating to it.

Log onto BugClub and read your story and complete the task at the end of the book.

Rockets – We Can Do It

Moons and Stars – In The Garden

Can you also share with me what you like to do at home, it could be something in the garden, with your family or indoors. Whatever you like doing when your at home, you can write this down or record it in a little video to me πŸ™‚

You can do today’s job indoors or outdoors πŸ™‚ We are going to find out all about different ways to measure length.

1. Can you pickΒ  5 objects and order them from the longest/tallest to the smallest/shortest?
  2. Who is the tallest in your house?
  3. Can you measure your own height? Lie down on the floor and ask someone to mark where your toes and your head are. Pick something to measure with, pasta, cars, blocks, jars, cans etc.
  4. Can you use something from your house and measure different items? You could use lego, cutlery, shoes etc.
  5. Can you help your family or toys get in order, start with the shortest and work your way up to the tallest.

Fun Fact

Did you know…the oldest football was found in the palace at Stirling Castle.