In session 2011-12 the Parent Council led a consultation with the wider parent body on a new supplier for Portmoak’s uniform. We decided to move to Marks and Spencer for our main provider. See other post for details.
Our school policy for uniform is detailed below:
We strongly encourage all learners to wear school uniform and to identify themselves as part of our school community. It is our opinion that when learners wear school uniform their behaviour, and therefore their learning, tends to be better. Portmoak parents have been consulted on the make up of our school uniform and on the supplier of our branded items.
Our preferred everyday items are:
- Grey or white, shirt, blouse or white polo shirt (with or without a tie).
- Maroon sweatshirt with school logo.
- Black or grey trousers, pinafores or skirts.
- Fleece lined reversible jacket with school logo.
- Black shoes – not trainers.
Our preferred items (to be available daily) in gym bags are:
- Black shorts
- White T-shirt
- Black “light” gym shoes with non marking soles– not heavy “trainer” type
- Optional – trainers and tracksuits may be worn for outside gym if desired
- For Health and Safety, no jewellery is allowed to be worn during P.E. sessions. Pupils who wear earrings will need to remove them or tape them up before taking part.
Please note that clothing with designer labels or advertising should not be worn.
Please mark all clothing with your child’s name. Please enquire at the office for details of label suppliers.
In primary 1, 2 and 3 an overall should be provided to protect clothing during art and craft lessons.
During the summer term, girls may, if they wish, wear school dresses in a red or blue checked material. Boys may wish to wear grey school shorts.
We recognise that chain stores and supermarkets offer suitable, self-coloured school-uniform items but we do also have Portmoak Primary School branded items including polo shirts, sweatshirts and jackets. Parents may choose an alternative to the Marks and Spencer option, in line with the above policy, if they so wish.