It is very important that everyone in your household likely to receive information from the school which needs to be acted upon, as well as everyone involved in the care of your child on school days (including your emergency contact person), is aware of the following arrangements.
- Planned – Notice will be given by letter in advance.
- Unplanned – If the decision is made not to open the school before 9.00am the following procedures will be put in place.
Information for parents/pupils regarding school closures will be available from the following sources however it is important to note that Radio Tay will be used in all instances and that this should be the main source of information. The information sources are as follows:-
- Radio Tay (used in all instances)
- Frequency AM 1584 FM 96.4 – Perth only
- Frequency AM 1161 FM 102.8 – Everywhere else
- Radio Heartland FM (widespread weather conditions)
- Frequency FM 97.5, 106.6
- Radio Central (widespread conditions)
- Frequency FM 103.1
- Perth and Kinross Council Customer Service Centre (Available from 08:00hours to 18:00 hours however this line may operate from 07:00 hours in exceptional circumstances). Parents/Carers should dial 0845 3011100. Calls are charged at the local rate. Or 01738 475000 (main Council line)
- There is an information link for school closures in the Perth and Kinross Council Website – http://www.pkc.gov.uk Parents/Carers can now access the site with a ‘one click’ link from the ‘Information for You’ section and clicking into school closures.
- PKC Twitter and Facebook www.pkc.gov.uk/socialmedia
Pupils who normally travel by bus should return home if the bus does not come 15 minutes after its usual arrival time.
PARENTS DELIVERING CHILDREN TO SCHOOL SHOULD NOT LEAVE THEM UNTIL THEY HAVE CHECKED THAT A FULL TIME MEMBER OF STAFF IS PRESENT AND THAT THE SCHOOL WILL BE OPENING. A CAR PARKED IN THE PLAYGROUND DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT THERE IS SOMEONE IN THE BUILDING!
If the school has to close within the school day, parents will be notified by telephone prior to pupils being sent home. If necessary, use will be made of the Emergency Contact Number, therefore please ensure that we have the correct details and the person involved is aware that they may be contacted. No child will be sent home unless the school has made sure there is someone to receive them.