The library is relatively well stocked with a selection of fiction and non-fiction books available for borrowing. Collection development is an ongoing process with new resources purchased according to need and old, dated stock withdrawn as appropriate.
Pupils and staff are encouraged to make suggestions for books as well as the Librarian determining curricular and leisure needs pretty much on a daily basis keeping a wishlist to refer to on a regular basis.
- Approx 6500 books [In 5 Sections: Junior Fiction, Senior Fiction, Non-fiction, Reference, Careers (in upper library)]
- Local newspaper – The Orcadian
- CD Rom
- Computers with Internet access
- Small collection of Videos, DVDs & Audio books
- George Mackay Brown Collection (archived) -books donated by the late local author.
- Orkney Books – books on Orkney, by or about local authors / people. Also includes some on Shetland.
- Health Information Centre – books and leaflets on a health theme.