Dear Parent/ Guardian,
There will be an USA trip information evening for parents and guardians on Monday the 6th of February at 6pm in the school theatre. The pupils involved are asked to attend too. This meeting will highlight details of the trip and cover important information that is still required. Parents/Guardians will be asked to sign consent forms, a pupil code of conduct and the pupils will be fitted for their USA trip hoodies.
We still require you to provide some information regarding your child’s passport and ask that you apply for your child’s ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation) as soon as possible.
Instructions on how to apply for the ESTA are below. If you have travelled to the USA recently the ESTA may still be valid, but please check the date it expires as it must be valid for the entire trip. Please complete the tear off slip attached with your child’s passport details for our records. Please take care when completing this, as any amendments will result in a charge that parents or guardians will be liable for. Return this completed slip to Miss Valente by Monday the 6th of February 2017 at the latest.
- Visit https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/
- Scroll down and select ‘individual application‘
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions
- Complete the applicant’s personal details
- First name only – no middle name required
Trip information required:
- Travel information – US Point of contact information
- Name: Heritage Hotel
- Address Line 1: 18 West 25th Street
- Address Line 2: NOT REQUIRED- leave blank
- City: New York City
- State: New York
- Phone No: (212) 645-3990
- Address while in the US – Tick same as US point of contact info
- Continue to complete application as per applicant
- Confirm application- Check the third party box if a parent is completing on behalf of an applicant. Select ‘next’
- REVIEW all details carefully
- Verify passport number, family name and country of citizenship
- Click ‘apply’
- Take a note of the application number
- Click ‘next’
- Click ‘pay’
- Complete payment details
- Once you have completed this process, authorisation may take place immediately or it can take up to 72 hrs. You should be advised of this after a few minutes.
- Please print and keep a copy for your records as it is valid for 2 years from the date of issue.
Please use the information provided to complete the tear off slip. This information has to be with the travel agent and airline in advance of travel.
If you have any queries or cannot attend the information evening please contact me on 01698 274 976.
Group Leader/Acting Principal Teacher of Pupil Support