Carnegie Medal is awarded annually to the writer of an outstanding book for children. Each year thousands of reading groups in schools and libraries in the UK and overseas get involved in the Awards, with young people ‘shadowing’ the judging process. They read, discuss and review the books on the shortlists and get involved in reading related activity in groups and online. Shadowing groups are encouraged to publish their own creative response to the books, including reviews, blogs videos and the enclosed magazine. This is the fourth year that Taylor High School has taken part in the Carnegie Shadowing Scheme and the Groups love compiling their funky magazines, hopefully you will agree once you read the 2018 copy attached below.
2018 shadowing-magazine (a)-11860
Please follow the link below to access details of this years Easter School.
Easter School – 2018
- Thursday 31 August – S3 – S6 Celebrating Success Ceremony 7pm
- Wednesday 20 September – P7/S6 Welcome Mass 7pm
- Friday 22 September to Monday 25 September Bank Holiday Weekend
- Friday 6 October – Patron’s Day Mass
- Monday 16 October to Friday 20 October (Inc) Winter Break
- Thursday 2 November – S4 Parents’ Meeting 4-6:30pm
- Tuesday 14 November – S3 Parents’ Meeting 4-6:30pm
- Monday 20 November – Inset Day
- Thursday 23 November – S5/S6 Parents’ Meeting 4-6:30pm
- Tuesday 28 November to Wednesday 6 December (Inc) – S4 Progress Assessments
- Thursday 7 December – School Christmas Fayre 4:30-7:30pm
- Friday 22 December – End of Term 2:30pm
- Monday 25 December to Friday 5 January (Inc) Christmas Break
- Thursday 25 January – S4 Options Info Evening 7 – 8pm (For S3 Parents)
- Monday 5 February to Thursday 15 February (Inc) – S5/6 Prelims
- Monday 12 & Tuesday 13 February (Mid-Term Break)
- Wednesday 14 February – Inset Day
- Thursday 1 March – S5/S6 Options Info Meeting 7- 8pm (For S4/ S5 Parents)
- Thursday 15 March – S3 Options Info Meeting 7 – 9pm (For S2 Parents)
- Tuesday 27 March – S2 Parents’ Meeting 4-6:30pm
- Thursday 29 March – End of Term 2:30pm
- Friday 30 March to Friday 13 April (Inc) Spring Break
- Thursday 26 April – S6 Leavers’ Mass – 2:00pm
- Monday 30 April to 1 June (Inc) SQA Exams
- Monday 7 May – Bank Holiday
- Tuesday 8 May – Inset Day
- Thursday 17 May – S1 Parents’ Meeting 4-6:30pm
- Wednesday 23 & Thursday 24 May – P7 Induction Days
- Friday 25 May & Monday 28 May – Bank Holiday Weekend
- Friday 1 June – S5 Induction Day
- Monday 4 June – New Timetable Begins
- Wednesday 6 June S5/S6 Prom (TBC)
- Thursday 14 June – S1/S2 Celebrating Success Ceremony 7-9pm
- Thursday 28 June – End of Session 1pm
Morning Mass celebrated every Monday and Thursday at 8.40pm
Twitter Account @TaylorHS1982
School Website blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/nl/taylor/
Attached is a copy of the SQA Exam Timetable for students at Taylor High School.
Please note that all students in S4 to S6 have now been issued with their own personalised exam timetable.
Study leave will begin on Tuesday 2 May, with new S6 returning to school on Monday 5 June.
*Please note that all students moving into S5 are required to return for a one day induction prior to the start of the new timetable on Friday 2 June.
THS Exam Timetable 2017
Attached is a copy of this sessions Easter school programme which will run from Mon 3 – Thurs 6 April, with an additional Art day on Tuesday the 11th.
Please encourage all pupils to attend as relevant to their subject choices.
Attendance at Easter school makes a difference to exam preparation!
Easter School 2017
Elections for the Scottish Youth Parliament take place online between 6th and 16th March 2017. You will be given the opportunity to read candidate manifestoes for the Motherwell and Wishaw constituency and cast your vote in school, but you will need your Young Scot card number to do so.
Please remember to bring your card to school during the voting period.
More information can be found at http://www.syp.org.uk/elections.