As a parent of a child at this school you are automatically a member of the Parent Forum. The Parent Forum is composed of all the parents and carers of children at the school. As a member of the Parent Forum you can expect to:
1. Receive information about what your child is learning
2. Receive information about events and activities at the school
3. Receive advice/help on how you can support your child’s learning
4. Be told about opportunities to be involved in the school
5. Have a say in selecting a Parent Council to work on behalf of all parents at the school
6. Be invited to identify issues for the Parent Council to work on with the school.
THE PARENT COUNCIL
The Parent Council’s rights and duties include:
1. Supporting the work of the school;
2. Representing the views of parents;
3. Consulting with parents and reporting back to the Parent Forum on matters of interest;
4. Promoting contact between the school, parents, pupils, and the wider community;
6. Taking part in the selection of senior promoted staff;
7. Receiving reports from the head teacher and education authority; and
8. Receiving an annual budget for administration, training and other expenses.
9. Improving home school partnership and facilitating parental involvement
Members of Parent Councils, on a voluntary basis, may also have an advisory role in decisions on placing requests by parents in respect of those situations where the number of placing requests for a particular school, or for a particular stage in a particular school, exceeds the number of places available.