Primary 5/4 2020

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

VE Day Resources…

Hello Primary 5/4,

As tomorrow, Friday 8th May, is a school holiday and Monday 11th May is an Inservice Day for staff, there will be no learning activities posted until Tuesday 12th May.

Therefore, I thought I would leave you with some VE Day resources for you to complete, if you wish, over the long weekend.

VE Day – or ‘Victory in Europe Day’ – marks the day towards the end of World War Two (WW2) when fighting came to an end.

On 8 May 1945, the Prime Minister at the time Winston Churchill made an announcement on the radio at 3pm that the war in Europe had come to an end.

To find out more use this article from Newsround: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/48201749

Tomorrow marks the 75th Anniversary since VE Day making it even more special! Although large gatherings and celebrations have been cancelled due to the coronavirus there are many things still happening to mark the historic occasion.

Here a are some resources to help you learn more about VE Day and some activities for you to complete if you wish!

VE-Day-Information-Powerpoint

VE Day Discussion Worksheet

VE Day Themed Colouring Pages

Simple WW2 Spitfire Glider Activity Paper Craft

Design-a-VE-Day-Medal

Design-a-VE-Day-Teacup

Wartime Recipe Booklet

Remember to send me pictures of anything you complete!

I hope you have a nice weekend!

Take care,

Miss Girvan.