Primary 5/4 2020

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

Happy Spring Break…

Hello Primary 5/4,

As it is now the start of our Spring break I want to say a big well done for all your hard work and effort, both in school and at home, this term! I am sure the last two weeks have been very different for you and your families and I am sure, like me, you are missing the daily life of Ladywell! I hope that more of you will be able to get in touch with me either by email, on twitter or through our Microsoft Team – I must admit that I feel a bit lost not speaking to you all every day and would love to hear how you are and what you have been doing – you could even send me some pictures of what you have been up to!

I hope over these next two weeks you are able to have a good rest and spend time with your family doing the things you enjoy! I  also hope that this will involve eating chocolate eggs!

I have set up a few more challenges on Sumdog that you can complete over the break from learning, if you wish to, and below you will find a few more resources too!

The Sumdog Challenges will run from Monday 6th @ 9am til Friday 17th @ 3pm so there is plenty of time to get your names on the leaderboard!

Easter-Bunny-Maths-Mystery – In this problem solving mission your task is to solve five clues, and use the character descriptions of all the people who had a connection with the Women’s Institute, to work out who wrecked the Easter Bunny costume! I will post the answers to this on Friday 17th April!

Easter Egg Competition – You can choose to draw an egg shape onto an A4 piece of paper or, with permission, decorate an actual hard boiled egg! Design this how you wish and be creative! Post your entries onto our Microsoft Team or send them to me by email or on Twitter. The winner will be revealed on Monday 20th April! Good Luck!

Learn a New Skill – Whilst we are all at home it is a great time to learn a new skill or build upon your knowlegde. I am planning to learn a Tik Tok Dance – I may even post this to our Microsoft Team (if it is good enough!). I am challenging you to learn a new skill or develop your knowledge too! It could be a different language, a new hobby, sign language, a piece of history or learning to cook/bake – the options are endless! I would like to hear what skill you are planning to learn!

I will continue to post learning from Monday 20th April – however, please feel free to contact me during our break, I will continue to check my emails and Microsoft Teams during our holiday!

I hope you are all able to have a relaxing and safe break from learning with your family over the next couple of weeks!

Take care,

Miss Girvan. x