A little update to let you all know what we have been doing during the rest of our Eco week…
- Sports Day – We went outside to enjoy the beautiful weather to keep ourselves healthy. We all took part in a variety of events such as: hurdles, running, long jump, bowls amongst others. We enjoyed working hard and were very tired by the end!
- Quiz – P3 – 7 worked together in their House Groups to complete a quiz based upon Health, Eco and Fairtrade. We enjoyed working in groups and worked very hard to win for our House.
- Tae Kwon Do – We also had local Tae Kwon Do instructors in the school and we all had the opportunity to have some exciting lessons. We have learned commands used and some fantastic moves.
- Art Exhibition – All the children in our school created some beautiful artwork. P1 created amazing pictures of themselves climbing up some ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ inspired beanstalks, P4 re-created Van Gogh’s sunflowers and P7 created some beautiful watercolour Kilbowie landscapes. The children all had the opportunity to visit their painting which was mounted and framed. We then invited all our friends and family to have a look at our beautiful creations and some even bought them!
- Fairtrade – We had a full day focusing on Fairtrade. We started it off by having an exciting assembly by our Fairtrade committee and a member of Sainsbury’s. The Fairtrade committee had also organised different activities for us all to try. We had some taste testing, card games and many others to expand our Fairtrade knowledge.