Ms Hutchison's Homework Page

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

Literacy Week 1

Boys and Girls I won’t post home tasks every day that is a bit unfair when you are trying to plan your day from home. Instead I will put up weekly tasks for you to work through. I have already posted your numeracy tasks for the week see the post below.

I will check in daily and answer questions and or acknowledge your work.

Over the coming weeks we will create little task boards for you to work from.

This week’s literacy task:

Rainbows -Read Chapter 2 of your novel. Choose your favourite 3 paragraphs to read aloud to mum or dad. This gives you a chance to demonstrate your fluency and reading with expression.

In class we did some work on unfamiliar words, look again and choose 5 you are unsure of. Talk to mum and dad about what they mean. Can you work it out from reading around the word? Does it have a word in it that you already know? Remember last week someone asked about what the word puzzlement meant? We worked it out by thinking about what a puzzle is.

Sumshine Group – Would you please read Chapters 9 and 10

Choose your favourite 3 paragraphs to read aloud to mum or dad. This gives you a chance to demonstrate your fluency and reading with expression.

Think about how Elliot is feeling? Do you think he is doing the right thing keeping Denzil a secret?

Rainbow Group – read your reading book and choose another from home. Can you find any words from your reading book in your own book?