Mrs McAlinden & Mrs Houston Primary2/3

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

Monday, 18th May 2020

Buenos dias a todos, Good morning everyone. Hoy es lunes. Today is Monday. I hope you have had a super weekend!

Spelling words

P2 – every, find, want, girl, their, what

P3 – same, month, together, Wednesday, work, woman

It is important to practise your spelling words so please read, write, cover and check.  Use multicoloured pens and pencils to do this. Make the vowels the colour red. So, boys and girls if you see the letters a,e,i,o,u they must be coloured red.

Next…

P2 – select 3 words and write a sentence for each word.

P3 – select 5 words and write a sentence for each word.

Task 1

Watch the link below then work on the following tasks.

P2 – When you are outside this week, look around and try to spot as many shapes as you can see. For example look for circles, (think about a bike) triangles, squares and rectangles in everyday items.

P3 – You should do the same as P2 but in addition I would like you to measure the shapes if possible. For example the wheel of your bike is a circle so what does it measure in centimetres?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/maths-ks1-geometry-titch-and-ted-do-maths-part-one/z6kygwx

Task 2

Always, always, always practise your times tables.  Say them, whisper them, shout them. Show off to an adult in your house and impress them with your skills.

Health and wellbeing (and a little science too.)

Look in our media section at the photos of the tree in my garden. I have included a close-up of its leaf and a list of leaf types.  What kind of tree do I have in my garden? When you are out walking or on your bike ask your adult to take some photos of trees and their leaves then use my leaf guide to work out what type of tree it is.  Let me know what you find, I would love to see a photo in media.

Spanish

https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks1–ks2-mfl-spanish-greetings-with-ben-shires/zfksqp3

A fun Spanish song for you to sing and enjoy.

God Bless boys and girls

Your teacher

Mrs Houston