Mrs.Curran and Mrs. McHugh's Page

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

Thursday 14th May 2020

Good morning boys and girls,

It’s Thursday again, the weeks are going by very fast and I hope you are all staying safe and enjoying being at home with your families. I was in the hub on Friday with some of our boys and girls, it was lovely to see them and made me miss you all even more. I can not wait for us all to be back together again. Mrs Curran and I thought it would be lovely to catch up with you all tomorrow on a teams meeting at 12pm if any of you are free to come on and say hi. It will just be an informal chat to find out how you all are. I hope to hear from some of you tomorrow. I think you just go on to teams at 12pm and click on the link and it connects us all, hopefully as you all know me and computers are not the best of friends are we?haha.

Todays tasks:

Grammar – Verbs

A verb is doing word. Watch the video below and complete the activity below. I will attach the link for the activity and video separate for some reason the actual video clips will not upload today.

Maths

Measure

If we were in school we would be learning about measure this month. I would like you to have a wee go at measuring some items at home. First of all we would use non-standard units of measure that is things that are not the same size so our hands, feet, arms, cubes, strides etc. I would like you to try to measure the length of some items at home using non-standard units of measure. You can do this outside and make it fun. Do it with someone else and see if you get the same amount? Why do you think you might not? If you and me measured the length of the garden using our feet, would we get the same amount of feet?

Sumdog

Log into sumdog and complete some of the challenges we have set you.

Art and Design

Make a thank you card for someone at home who has helped you with something recently maybe for you mum or dad or brother or sister who has helped you with something during this time.

Have a lovely day boys and girls. Thank you for all your hard work. Mrs Curran and I are delighted with how well you are all working at home.

Mrs McHugh x