All children are entitled to a nursery place in line with Scottish Government guidance.
Children will start nursery the day after their 3rd birthday. Every child is entitled to attend 5 days a week, Monday-Friday for 6hrs per day. Our normal hours will be 9am-3pm. However, in line with government and local authority guidelines surrounding COVID-19, we have introduced a staggered start and finish time until further notice.
Group A- 8.45am- 2.45pm
Group B- 9am-3pm
Application Forms are available from any local authority nursery establishment or independant nursery who is a service provider for the council or by using the “downloads” section.
What to expect once your application has been accepted?- SUBJECT TO ADJUSTMENTS DUE TO COVID-19
You will be sent a letter to invite you to attend a nursery enrolement day. All parents’/carers and children who will be beginning nursery will attend this enrolement day where they will have the opportunity to meet the Head Teacher and members of the nursery team.
At this meeting, parents’/carers will:
- fill out and complete the nursery enrolement pack.
- find out what group their child will be in.
- visit the nursery with their child and meet the key worker who will be responsible for them.
- share important information with nursery staff/key workers about allergies, health conditions, likes and dislikes and things that help to settle their child.
- be issued with a start date for their child.
After this meeting, both the parent/carer and child will be given another time to visit the nursery. On that day, the allocated key worker for your child will take you on a tour of the nursery to familiarise yourself and your child with the setting, routines, snack and activities. Both the parent/carer and child will ‘Stay & Play’ for one hour. After the first visit, your child’s times within the nursery are gradually built up until they are attending for their full session.