All children are entitled to a free part-time nursery place in line with Scottish Government guidance.
Children who will be three before 1 March 2017 will be entitled to a funded nursery place during session 2016/17.
The funding dates for 2016/17 are as follows:
- Children who reach 3 years of age between 1 March and 16 August 2016: the start date will be 17 August 2016
- Children reaching 3 years between 17 August 2016 and 28 February 2017: the start date is the day after the child’s 3rd birthday
Application Forms are available from any local authority nursery establishment or independant nursery who is a service provider for the council or by using the “downloads” section.
What to expect once your application has been accepted?
You will be sent a letter to invite you to attend a nursery enrolement day. All parents’/carers and children who will be beginning nursery will attend this enrolement day where they will have the opportunity to meet the Head Teacher and members of the nursery team.
At this meeting, parents’/carers will:
- fill out and complete the nursery enrolement pack.
- find out what group their child will be in.
- visit the nursery with their child and meet the key worker who will be responsible for them.
- share important information with nursery staff/key workers about allergies, health conditions, likes and dislikes and things that help to settle their child.
- be issued with a start date for their child.
After this meeting, both the parent/carer and child will be given another time to visit the nursery. On that day, the allocated key worker for your child will take you on a tour of the nursery to familiarise yourself and your child with the setting, routines, snack and activities. Both the parent/carer and child will ‘Stay & Play’ for one hour. After the first visit, your child’s times within the nursery are gradually built up until they are attending for their full session.