This has been a very busy week for primary 3! Have a look at what we have been up to.
This week we have been revisiting some tricky primary 3 phonemes. We can spell:
- ‘dge’ words like fudge, badge and badger;
- ‘t’ words like future, creature and furniture;
- ‘0’ words like some, come and mother.
Can you work out any of the jumbled phoneme words below?
a) dgeBri c) tureNat e) noS
We have also been focusing on non-fiction texts for our reading. We read the book ‘Big Machines At Sea’ because it had links to our IDL topic, The Clyde and the Isles.
We developed our skills in working together to:
- assess our reading accuracy, fluency and expression;
- take notes about different sea vessels and created a fact-file using them; and
- answer literal and inferential questions using the information in our book as clues.