Ladywell Primary School P1a 2015-16

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

Review of the week! Week Beginning 25/4/16

The children have enjoyed learning with ‘Eddy’ the Teddy! The name seems quite appropriate and the children have been engaging in various activities involving ‘Eddy’ this week.

DSC00657 DSC00656 DSC00658

As I play and learn, I enjoy exploring interesting materials for writing and different ways of recording my experiences and feelings, ideas and information. LIT 0-21b

Within real and imaginary situations, I share experiences and feelings, ideas and information in a way that communicates my message. LIT 0-26a

The children have written stories about their teddy bears this week. We had some great stories, using fantastic adjectives describing their different teddies. All children participated very well and enjoyed this experience. The staff have been very impressed by the progress of the children, keep up the good work!

DSC00639 DSC00641 DSC00644

I am aware of how routines and events in my world link with times and seasons, and have explored ways to record and display these using clocks, calendars and other methods. MNU 0-10a

Primary 1a are enjoying learning how to tell the time accurately. The children are learning to tell the time using 12 hour clocks and realising the links to 24 hour notation. They can make links to their daily routine and to the time on the clock. As you can see they have enjoyed actively participating using the school clocks! We have also been learning how to measure using different units of measure. We managed to measure our teddy bears and record the size of the bears in cubes.

DSC00648DSC00649

I am aware of my own and others’ needs and feelings especially when taking turns and sharing resources. I recognise the need to follow rules. HWB 0-23a

During Physical Education the children have been learning how to share and use resources responsibly. We have been learning how to participate as a member of a team, making sure that all the children in our team feel valued and important. The lessons included learning the rules of sports/events that will be participated in during our school’s sports day. The children actively participated in these activities that include varied pace running (jogging, sprinting and relay). They have learnt how to pass the baton safely to each team member and how to safely participate in these events.

DSC00663 DSC00659 DSC00665

I am aware of how friendships are formed and that likes, dislikes, special qualities and needs can influence relationships. HWB 0-44a

The children have been learning about how to be a good friend to each other. They managed to identify why friends are important; that we all have special qualities; why it is important to care and share with others and how having manners is very important. The children gave great responses and examples of what makes a good friend. ‘Eddy’ was present to give each child their chance to contribute.

This has been a great week for Primary 1a! We have worked very hard and our efforts have been rewarded after receiving the class of the week award! Well done boys and girls.