Guest post – Gregor’s Top 5 books every new S1 should read

One of our new S2 pupils, Gregor, has shared the with us the books he thinks every S1 should read – a great list, particularly if you like your stories super scary and with a dash of magical adventure!

1. “The Spooks Apprentice”  It is an interesting read and quite magical, so if you are into witchcraft sort of books, then this is definitely for the one for you, and you will love it if you are into an old fashioned sort of writing technique.
  2. “Gone” from The Gone Series.  This book and the rest of the books from its series, is probably my favourite series right now, and I can’t stop thinking about it, so I’m sure if you read it, you won’t be able to put it down! (along with all of its excellent sequels) Its quite a thrilling world to engross in, and has a superpower sort of theme, but it might be a bit old for you, and it does contain scenes of ‘cruelty and violence’.
  3. “The Demonata: Lord Loss” Jeepers creepers, this is one scary book series, and if you’re into that horror experience, this is the perfect book for you, and one of my personal favourites, so be sure to try it out.  If it sends chills down your spine, then it’s doing its job!
  4. “The Darren Shan Saga: The Vampires Assistant” Much like Lord Loss, the vampire’s assistant is very thrilling and horrifying, so when reading it, always suspect the worst!
  5. “Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone” The most magical experience you will ever have in a million years! If you are really into slightly more advanced books, then this should definitely be one you choose!