Book review – One Of Us Is Next by Karen McManus

One of Us is Lying has been one of the most sought after books in our library so does the sequel live up to expectations?  Of course it doesn’t disappoint – there is more drama, more gossip, more murder and more twists and turns right to the very end. The school kids of Bayview are challenged to a game of Truth or Dare, something that never turns out well in these situations.  As secrets are revealed and challenges get more dangerous, life in Bayview will never be the same again. This time we focus on Maeve, younger sister of Bronwyn from the first story.  Maeve shines as the main character, we see her insecurities and fears as she faces old enemies and new threats.  The other characters are generally likeable as well, with realistic strengths and flaws.  I read it in a a day as it was such a page turner and I was desperate to find out who was behind everything!

If, like me, you like these books and you love a good whodunnit,  try A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson for some more twisty, turney murder mystery.