Music Artists of the Decade

Hozier

Okay, maybe not the biggest artists but still, iconic. You probably only know one of his songs, ‘Take Me To Church’. In fairness it is an amazing song. However have you heard his new album? Yes in 2019 this man released his second album and boy did it deliver. Go listen to ‘Dinner and Diatribes’ or ‘Talk’ and you will understand. Please let him come back in 2020. I need it.

Harry Styles

Out of all of one direction Harry has made the best music. While the rest of the boys music is good, you remember Harry’s. On his first Album all of his songs are amazing enough to be the top song though ‘Only Angels’ and ‘Ever Since New York’ are my favourite. Then theirs Fineline. While I personally prefer the first album Fineline is still an amazing album. This man has had 2 albums and not a single bad or forgettable song. Talent. Then theirs lights up. All I need to say is go listen to lights up. Now. Even if you’ve already heard it, just go listen.

P!NK

P!nk has been around since the 2000’s and we aren’t mad. She opened the decade with her album ‘Greatest Hits…So Far’ then released ‘The Truth About Love’, ‘Beautiful Trauma’ and ‘Hurts 2B Human’. She can be enjoyed by parents and their kids.  ‘Try’, ‘What About Us’, and ‘Just Give Me A Reason’ are just 3 of the highlights.

Lewis Capaldi

Our very own Scot. Do I need to say much more? This man broke out with his song ‘Grace’ and took over the music world with only two EPs in his back pocket. He’s since released ‘Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent’ where every song, like Harry Styles album, is good. Most albums have one song you’d skip, not this one. ‘One’, ‘Hollywood’ and’ Bruises’ are my favs but it was hard to pick out just 3. And how can we forget ‘Someone You Loved’ and the music video with Peter Capaldi. His album is the first number 1 Album for 2o20. It’s a sign.

Yungblud

We had to get a little bit goth. This list has been far to pop friendly. Although I only found out about Yungblud  a couple months ago he’s my 2nd most listened to artist this year on Deezer. Because I have problems. Yungblud released his album ’21st Centaury Liability’ in 2018 and honestly its what we needed. ‘Machine Gun’ and ‘Kill Somebody’ where my favourites. This is not to mention his singles like ‘Tin Pan Boy’ and all his collabs like ‘7 Minutes’ with Halsey and ‘Original Me’ with Dan Reynolds to name a couple.