Two Men and a Bell Episode One!

You may remember last month we announced that we were recording the first episode of our podcast. Well, it is now done, uploaded and you can listen to it here!

Many thanks again to Wiktoria and Luke for being a part of the podcast. Hope you enjoyed taking part.

I can also announce that the second episode of the podcast is recorded, and we will hopefully get it uploaded soon!

Hope you all enjoy the series. Give us a comment to tell us what you think.

Glasgow City College Visit

A careers trip to the college was arranged and pupils from all years at St Aidan’s high school took part. This was a fantastic opportunity for the pupils of St Aidan’s and allowed them to explore the college and see the different areas. This gave the pupils an insight into career paths and options the college had to offer. The pupils received a talk about the college and a tour shortly after they visited the hospitality department/ the chef station, travel and tourism and graphic manufacturing design. All the pupils entered the college with a thought of what career path they were wanting to take or if not they got an idea of a career path they would like to go down. A 3rd year student Rachel Kyle was one of the pupils who ventured out she said “I thought it wasn’t going to be interesting but I was surprised with how much was to offer and it really made me think of what I wanted to do when I left school. The pupil then proceeded to talk about how she wanted to go into cabin crew and that college where offering the course she really wanted, and after visiting the college and seeing the facilities she was more than certain about going to the college for that specific course. This event was excellent as it opened the eyes of the pupils and gave them a flavour at what the college had to offer.

Let Your Inside Out

Myself and Joseph decided to create a competition to promote mental health within our school.  To enter you must turn any emotion into a character, animal or object using a poem, story, song, performance, monologue, drawing or cartoon. Any way that you feel comfortable expressing yourself.  To enter you can either email your entry to write.jmac@gmail.com or hand a paper copy to an English teacher/base. We have had fantastic entry’s so far and are excited to see what everyone else can come up with.