NET Visit

The NET Team!

This week, NET (National Evangelisation Team) have been in St Aidan’s providing retreats to S4 and S5. The NET team have travelled all the way from the USA to visit our school for the 2nd year running, and it’s fair to say that their visit has been enjoyed by all involved.

Some mingling during a break

I caught up with Emily and Marty, the NET team leaders for NET Scotland to ask them a few questions.

Emily is 20 years old and is from Louisiana, about an hour’s drive from New Orleans.

I asked her what inspired her to do NET and in particular, what inspired her to come to Scotland.

“I feel like the Lord was calling me to do something more than just go to Uni…. I was there for a year and just didn’t feel at peace. In my own life peer to peer ministry is a big part, knowing that people were engaged in the faith and living that life. I didn’t actually apply for Scotland in particular, but I got a call, and after some prayer I knew that the Lord wanted me to come to Scotland.”

I then asked how she felt about returning to St Aidan’s

“Being back in St Aidan’s was a blessing and a gift. Especially working with the S6 pupils who were on retreat with us last year, seeing how they’ve grown and how they are helping out this year was a huge blessing for me.”

Luke chatting with his small group

Marty is 20 and is from Minnesota.

I asked Marty if he had any highlights from his time in the school

“Just seeing some transformations already has been a highlight for me. I saw that when working with S4, just a growth through the day that we were working with them is something really special. I’ve also loved getting to hang out with the S6 pupils throughout my time and seeing you guys witnessing the retreats and seeing what you are doing with Caritas is great.”

I then asked him about his experience with S6 pupils and the staff.

“I feel like I can be friends with the S6’s and just hang out, and Mrs Barton and Mrs Hynes have been great, always asking if I want tea, which is usually a yes!”

Concentration faces on for a game of ‘Rock Paper Scissors Baseball’

So, a good time all round, and again St Aidan’s has made a good impression from both staff and pupils on the visitors to the school. And from all the S4 and S5 pupils who’ve been on retreat, Thank you NET!

2 thoughts on “NET Visit”