Monday 31st March 2014

It’s hard to believe that we are now into the last week of term. Where does the time go?!

Pupils, staff, parents and friends will have the opportunity to pray the Stations of the Cross in the oratory each morning this week at 8.45am. The chairs have been removed from the oratory to accommodate numbers. Many thanks to Mrs O’Neill for leading this Lenten devotion.

We have a number of special events this week to raise money for our Lenten charities (SCIAF and Mary’s Meals). There will be a Cake & Candy stall in the main entrance area during tomorrow’s interval and, on Wednesday, the Prayer Group will run their annual ‘Rich man, Poor man’ snack during playtime.

Primary 5 emailed me last week to ask if they could have a special onesie/pyjama day for charity on Friday. This has now been extended to the whole school and all pupils are invited to donate £1 on Friday to come to school in their pyjamas or a onesie. I honestly didn’t think I would ever see myself standing in a shop queue to purchase a onesie… but that’s exactly what I did before Mass yesterday evening! Although I like wearing a shirt and tie to work, I’m looking forward to climbing into my onesie on Friday morning!

However, the fun doesn’t stop there on Friday. Each pupil is also invited to bring in a hard-boiled egg to decorate, along with any special items they need to bring their ideas to life such as a piece of fabric, a pair of googly eyes or some tin foil (the school will provide basic materials like paper, felt pens and glue). The children will be given one hour to decorate their egg from scratch and there will be a prize for the best egg in each class. THE EGG MUST NOT BE DECORATED AT HOME!

Finally, there will be an Easter egg hunt for each class around the playground on Friday morning, with a chocolate egg hidden away for every single pupil.

It’s going to be an exciting end to the term!