Friday 6th February 2015

A history lesson on the 1990's!
A history lesson on the 1990’s!

Thankfully, I was in a good mood yesterday, because a certain young lady from Primary 2 made me feel very old indeed!!! I met her on the way up the corridor with some writing she had done on her whiteboard during a history lesson. I must say, it’s the first time I’ve thought about the 1990’s being a historical era!.. but then it was quarter of a century ago, I suppose!

It was a real team effort getting the Music Room back to normal yesterday. Well, ‘normal’ isn’t really the right word because the room now looks so different from the way it did before. The walls have been painted, a new SMART Board sits proudly inside the door, the backboards have been replaced with new whiteboards (including five-line staves for writing music) and, perhaps most exciting of all, we have unpacked our fifteen brand new keyboards and set these up around the walls. It really is a fantastic space for music, drama, dance and a whole host of other activities. To celebrate the room’s refurbishment and all its new resources but, most importantly, to formally recognise the huge support Mark Millar is to the school, the music room is to be given a new name. A sign will appear over the next few weeks welcoming pupils, staff and visitors to THE MARK MILLAR PERFORMING ARTS STUDIO. An impressive name for an impressive room recognising an impressive man!

It’s Friday, which means the usual trophies and Pupil of the Week certificates. Check out the website later on today to find out the winners.

Finally, please remember that Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are all holidays for pupils. We’ll see you back bright-eyed and bushy-tailed on Thursday morning! Have a great loooooooong weekend once it arrives!