Tuesday 6th January 2015

It was a great first day back yesterday. The boys and girls were extremely settled and focused throughout the day and I’m delighted that 2015 is off to such a super start. Well done everyone!

As intimated in the letters sent out before the Christmas break, a special concert will take place in St Bartholomew’s two weeks today. This will be an opportunity for the boys and girls to showcase their singing talents with a real-life rock band! ‘Royal Rockstars’ will be in St Bart’s from Monday – Thursday next week teaching the children a variety of songs and (most exciting of all!) recording a CD which will be on sale at the concert on the 20th January. Keep an eye on the blog and Twitter next week to stay up-to-date with this very exciting project!

Although it was celebrated in Scotland on Sunday, today is the Feast of the Epiphany, the day we remember the visit of the wisemen to the Baby Jesus. My own parish priest, Father Joe Walsh, reminded parishioners that each one of us, like the wisemen, should persevere on our own personal journey in search of Christ. Wise words, Father Joe!

This wee Epiphany cartoon made me smile last night 🙂