Wednesday 20th May 2015

image
I am absolutely delighted to welcome our new Primary 1 parents to St Bartholomew’s this morning for the first of our four transition events. This morning’s session will provide new parents with key information about the school before we meet the boys and girls at a parent-child workshop next week. Today’s session begins at 9.15am in the Performing Arts Studio (please enter the school via the main entrance).

I had the privilege of attending a lecture at Glasgow University last night given by Angela Constance, Cabinet Secretary for Education & Lifelong Learning. Angela spoke passionately about her vision for Scottish schools and much of what she said was an inspiring reminder to me of the mission and vision we have here at St Bartholomew’s for our own pupils.

“My priorities are clear. I want Scotland to have an education system which ensures each child has every chance to succeed; that leaves no child behind; that promotes and supports excellence in learning through valued and supported teachers and a high quality workforce; that is ambitious for our children, that takes their aspirations for themselves and nurtures and develops those, so that they succeed in school and in life.”
image