Friday 1st May 2015

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED ON MONDAY FOR THE MAY HOLIDAY.
image
The day of our ‘Festival of Faith’ has finally arrived and we’re very much looking forward to welcoming Bishop Toal, our invited guests, parents, parishioners and friends. The day will begin with Mass in the school hall after which visitors will have the opportunity to wander around our wall displays, take some quiet moments in the oratory and enjoy a cup of tea in the Get Together Room. A friend of the school has very kindly donated enough ‘Miraculous Medals’ for every pupil in the school and these will be blessed by Bishop Toal during Mass before being distributed to the children.
image
I was surprised and delighted yesterday afternoon when the Primary 3 pupil pictured below turned up at my office to let me know she had raised £56.50 for our school funds. She took part in a four-hour sponsored dance-athon and decided to donate the money she raised to St Bart’s. Thank you for this enormously kind gesture. You’re a real credit to the school!
image
Have a great long weekend and keep an eye on Tuesday’s blog for our final three faith-inspired wall displays.