Wednesday 18th March 2015

There was a lovely, peaceful atmosphere in the church last night as our Primary 3 pupils made their First Reconciliation. Although a few of the children were very nervous as they entered the church, every single one of them came out with a smile on their face and saying, “That was easy!” I’m delighted that their first experience of the Sacrament of Reconciliation has helped the boys and girls understand that confession only takes a few moments, is simple to do, is nothing to be scared of and – most importantly – is a sacrament which brings an amazing sense of peace and joy. Many thanks to Mrs McLean for preparing the children for the sacrament and to parents and families for supporting the children in what, for many of them, was a daunting prospect.

Due to the painters working their way through classrooms in the upper school, cupboards have had to be emptied and their contents stored in the corridor. I was walking past the library last night and saw the strange and amusing sight pictured in the photo below. I had to check it wasn’t Mrs Bolland before I left the building!
image