Monday 23rd February 2015

John Wilson, our school photographer, will be in St Bartholomew’s today to take a Primary 1 and a Primary 7 class photograph as well as our annual whole-school photo. John met with me on Friday to show me the new technology he will be using to produce the whole school photograph and it looked very impressive indeed. Rather than attempting to get 200 pupils and staff to simultaneously face the front, smile and resist the temptation to blink, John will take individual photos against a ‘green screen’ this year and then use a computer to combine these into an ultra-realistic whole school photograph, complete with polished wooden floor and red curtains in the background. It’s going to look fantastic! Please ensure your child is in white shirt and tie for today’s photograph. Thank you.

I came across a post on Twitter yesterday from the Bishop of Paisley which I thought would be worth sharing on today’s blog. We should be proud that St Bartholomew’s plays its own little part in this global mission of the church:
image