Thursday 5th February 2015

Given that faith is central to the life of our school, it is perhaps fitting that the oratory is the first space in the school to be completely finished and put back together as part of our refurbishment. The photograph below gives a glimpse of this beautiful space, but it has to be visited in person to be truly experienced!

I spent a ‘focus day’ in Primary 4 yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed observing the children and talking to them about their learning. I spent part of the day talking directly to pupils to find out their thoughts and views on St Bartholomew’s and how they think we could make the school even better. I’m delighted to say that 100% of the children said they enjoyed school in their questionnaire! Please take the opportunity to log onto Primary 4’s class page to get a wee taste of the super day I had with Mrs O’Neill and the children!

Although most of my day was spent in Primary 4 yesterday, I popped into Primary 1 Rockets at just the right time… The boys and girls were doing Music and were using their new SMART Board to sing a fantastic action song all about a repeating parrot. I just wish I could have stayed longer to join in the fun!

Our beautiful refurbished oratory.
Our beautiful refurbished oratory.

Primary 1 Rockets having fun in music with their parrot song!