Friday 21st March 2014

I’ve been out of school for two days at the North Lanarkshire Head Teachers’ conference. Although it was really refreshing to listen to the various speakers and catch up with colleagues from across the local authority, it’s also great to be back in St Bart’s. I’ve missed the buzz of the place and I’m looking forward to catching up with the children and staff. Many thanks to Mrs Bolland and Mrs McIntyre for holding the fort in my absence.

The Nursery have their karaoke night this evening to raise funds for the children. Despite being a musician, karaoke is not something I’ve ever indulged in. However, I’m sure there’ll be plenty of willing volunteers tonight and that everyone’s in for a great time! As part of this fundraising event, the Nursery are also having a raffle. There are some great prizes, including a signed football top. Tickets will be on sale around classes today, with the draw taking place tonight.

Of course, with it being Friday, we have a new set of Pupils of the Week and trophy winners to recognise and celebrate at today’s assembly. As usual, names will be posted on the website later today.

We are now less than a week away from Parents’ Evening. This takes place next Thursday from 3.15pm onwards. Times of appointments have now been sent out; please notify the office as soon as possible if you are unable to make your appointment and we will endeavour to slot you in at an alternative time.

2 thoughts on “Friday 21st March 2014”

1. Sorry Mr Young but shouldn’t your top of page say Friday, and not Thursday , I couldn’t help but notice your mistake, as my grandson Liam and I have been counting down our days, waiting on our Friday night, late night, and may I just say what marvelous it is to see how well the children are all doing at Saint Bartholomew’s, a real credit to both yourself and all staff, many thanks.