Friday 7th February 2014

Many thanks to the boys and girls of Primary 6 & 7, along with Mr Hughes, Mrs McFarlane, Mrs McBride and Mrs Dolan, for putting together the beautiful Confirmation display you can see in the photographs below. The display contains a photograph of every pupil who will be receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation on 20th February, along with the saint they have chosen as their Confirmation name. The boards will be transported down to St Bartholomew’s Church in time for this Sunday’s Masses and parishioners will be invited to select a pupil to pray for over the coming weeks.

I’ve included photographs of the display in today’s blog as an invitation to our whole school and parish community to pray for the boys and girls of Primary 6 and 7 as they make their final preparations for the Sacrament of Confirmation.

‘I remember you in my prayers and ask the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, to give you the Spirit, who will make you wise and reveal God to you, so that you will know him.’ (Ephesians 1: 16, 17)

Have a great February break, everyone! St Bartholomew’s re-opens to pupils on Thursday 13th.