Thursday 28th November 2013

Excellent progress was made yesterday on the painting of the school. The contractors are already well on with the upper school section and, even at this early stage, the building is starting to take on a new lease of life.

Today marks the end of Primary 5’s swimming lessons. The boys and girls have been receiving professional instruction for the past few months and have had great fun learning to swim for the first time or develop their existing skills. Well done, Primary 5! What an achievement!

Please remember that we have two special St Andrew’s Day events tomorrow which are open to parents, carers and friends. Our whole school community will gather together for Mass in St Bartholomew’s Church at 10.00am and then we’ll be taking the stage at 1.30pm to entertain our guests with a selection of Scottish poems and songs. I look forward to seeing many of you tomorrow as we honour our national patron and celebrate our Scottish culture and identity.

I am attending the area Head Teachers’ meeting in Bellshill today. However, Mrs Bolland and Mrs McIntyre will be available during the course of the day to deal with any urgent matters.

Finally, it has come to my attention that dogs are being brought into the school grounds at the start and end of the day. In line with North Lanarkshire policy, no dogs are permitted in St Bartholomew’s grounds under any circumstances. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.