Monday 4th November 2013

A huge thank you to those parents and carers who gave so generously of their time on Friday night to run our Halloween discos. The children had an absolutely fantastic time and the dooking for apples was a huge hit! Many thanks to the Parent Council!

I am attending a meeting in Edinburgh today with Michael Russell, the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning. St Bartholomew’s has been asked to work with the Scottish Government to pilot a new approach to school self-improvement, aimed at helping schools provide the best possible opportunities and outcomes for their pupils. Only seven schools in the whole of Scotland (only two of which are primary schools) have been approached to take part in this work, so this is a great opportunity for St Bartholomew’s. I understand that a leaflet outlining details of the project is currently being prepared for parents and carers – I will make sure this is distributed to you as soon as it is available.

Mrs Bolland is standing in for me today and will be able to deal with any urgent issues and queries. Have a good day, everyone!