Good Morning boys and girls! Here are today’s tasks. You are all working so hard – keep it up. Remember to take plenty of breaks and try to help the grown ups with some tidying tasks at home too!
This week’s spelling words and tasks.
|alphabet, nephew, sphere, phantom, careful, afterwards, waffle,
office, coffee, toffee.
|peek, cheek, week, sheep, keep|
- Create some super sentences!
- Fun spelling task
- Sumdog spelling and reading – log on and take part in the activities set.
Use your own reading book to complete one of the tasks below. To choose a book to read from https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ click on the link.
|Challenge||Write the diary for a character in your story.|
|General||Draw a new front cover for your book. Remember to include the Title, Author and Illustrator.|
|Initial||Draw the front cover of your book.|
CHALLENGE WORD OF THE DAY:
- Write its meaning.
- How many syllables does the word have?
- Write a sentence with this word in it.
- Synonym (Word that means the same)
- Antonym (Word that means the opposite)
- What other words can you create from the letters used in today’s word?
- P4 Number of the Day – 3298
- P3 Number of the Day – 80
- NUMBER CHALLENGE:
- Write number before
- Write number after
- Odd or Even
- Draw this number
- Write in Expanded form (eg, 784 is seven hundred and eighty four)
- Round number up to nearest 10/100/1000
- Round number down to nearest 10/100/1000
- Add up the value of the number.
- What other facts can you record about the number?
This week we are learning about time and timetables.
Choose a task to complete.
This is a STEM competition that you are being asked to take part in. The picture below explains the competition in further detail. You can upload your entry to our Teams using the heading STEM COMPETITION. Good luck everyone, I can’t wait to see your fantastic entries!
PE/ Health and Wellbeing
Let’s start today with either Feeling Flexible, Joe Wicks or Go Noodle. If the weather is nice today, you could go outside for some of your activities?
- Daily Prayers; Morning and Night Prayer.
Saint Anthony’s feast day is coming up on June 13. He is a very popular Catholic saint- the patron saints of lost objects!
Here is a prayer to St. Anthony
“Dear Saint Anthony, please come round
Something is lost and must be found!”
- Have fun in the house or garden trying to find as many things as you can!
- Find out some more facts about St Anthony.